Acute Leukemia Advocates Network (ALAN)
The Acute Leukemia Advocates Network (ALAN) is an independent global network of patient organisations representatives and patient organisations in the area of acute leukemias, dedicated to:
- Changing outcomes of patients with acute leukemias by strengthening patient advocacy in that area by developing patient information and specific support for patients with acute leukemias and their carers in all countries;
- Strengthening patient organisations by sharing best practices and providing toolkits in patient advocacy;
- Creating awareness about acute leukemias and how
to better support leukemia patients; advocating for better treatment, care & access to healthcare services;
- Improving education for healthcare professionals serving leukemia patients as well as collaborating with other initiatives and stakeholders with similar goals.
ALAN acts as a “network of organisations” and is not directly patient-facing. It aims to build capacity in the members of the network to deliver tailored services to acute leukemia patients and carers on the national level, while joining forces between organisations on the policy and research level across countries.
The current ALAN Steering Committee consists of the following patient advocates:
- Zack Pemberton-Whiteley, Chair & Steering Committee Member
- Jan Geissler, Steering Committee Member
- Sophie Wintrich, Steering Committee Member
- Anne-Pierre Pickaert, Steering Committee Member
For more information, please visit the Acute Leukemia Advocates Network website.